The AfterSchool KidzLit program (grades K–8) is a reading enrichment program designed specifically for use in out-of-school settings. Kids hear terrific books read aloud—or read them independently—and make connections between the stories and their own lives. A Leader’s Guide is provided for each book.
The program is made up of high-quality trade books that include:
- Novels written from a range of cultural perspectives
- Short stories
- Other nonfiction
Each is accompanied by a Leader's Guide that provides:
- Suggestions for activities to introduce the books to young people
- Ways to acquaint young readers with the new words or background information they need to understand the story
- Open-ended questions to stimulate discussion about the book
- Activities that help young people extend thinking about the ideas in the book
- Activities that help young people build connections with each other
Each grade-range package contains all the Leader’s Guides and accompanying trade books for a grade-range set (grades K–3, 3–5, 6–8, K–5, or K–8). Themed grade-range sets can also be purchased individually.
See all Complete Packages
Each grade-range book/guide set contains 10 books, 10 Leader’s Guides, and a copy of Quick Tips Plus.
See all Book/Guide Sets
Each grade-range set contains 10 Leader’s Guides for each book in the set.
See all Guide Sets
Trade Book Sets
Each grade-range trade book set contains 10 books for each Leader’s Guide in the set.
See all Trade Book Sets
Optional program materials that can help with implementation are also available separately.
See all Accessories